Thursday, December 17, 2009

'Just Friends'

You know, I used to think that you could be best friends with the opposite sex, and that nothing could go wrong. I always thought that falling in love with them would be even better than just starting a relationship with someone you just met two days ago. I mean, what could be better than spending all of your days with your best friend? Maybe I was wrong...?




I've had my opportunity for friends, but I don't take them solely for this reason. I'm scared to fall all over again. At this moment, this is the thing that I fear most.



One of my worst fears is losing those that I am closest to...



But losing you is worse. You are more than just a person to me. You became everything to me. And this, I'm not sure that you'll ever comprehend, was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.



It's been a month and nine days, and the pain is still there.



I can't help it. No matter who I talk to, how distracted I am, or who I decide to hang out with, I want more than anything for them to be you. And I'm not sure how long this will take until it finally fades away completely, but in some odd way, I kind of like it, and yet, I hate this feeling more than anything. I haven't exactly figured out why, but I'm sure that time will tell.



Incomplete; Hopeful; Unhappy, yet happy for you; I don't know...



There's a huge part of me that wants you so badly still. But there's also the part that's learning to accept and be happy for you. You've found what you've wanted. Or so it seems.



And even though at times I feel that you treat me like a stranger, I refuse to quit and break my promises. I'm still here, babe. Always will be. You keep me alive still. And as fragile as my heart feels right now, is as tender as all the love that I will continue to give you.



You are still in my life. And as much as you may forget it, I'm still in yours...



Let me be there for you. Let me be the one you can come to if you have a problem.



'I help you, you help me' right?



Well, this is how it's gonna work...



Thank you<3

No comments:

Post a Comment